Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toyota Confusion

I have been receiving emails from Toyota. Eddie says that it's spam. So either Toyota needs a better email system that blocks the ability to spoof, or they need to get their records straight.

The first email I got was in July. Keeping in mind that I leased my car in June of this year, let's read it together, shall we?

Dear Christina,

The lease on your 2011 yaris

If you have any questions regarding lease procedures, mileage limitations or your responsibilities, please drop in or give me a call and I will be glad to answer them.

On the chance that you may already be looking ahead to your next vehicle, I would like to offer my services. It would be my pleasure to serve you again.


Everyone loves a cliffhanger every now and then, but a cliffhanger at the end of a seemingly important sentence is not my idea of a thrilling experience. What about my lease? Is it extended? Is it nonexistent? Is it fake? From the rest of the email, it seems that they are trying to tell me that the lease is going to expire. So I basically have a two month lease. Okaaaayyyyy.

September 3 rolled around and I received another email from the same email account that has the salesman's name in it. See if you can feel the dejavu too:

Dear Christina,

The lease on your 2011 Yaris.

If you have any questions regarding lease procedures, mileage limitations or your responsibilities, please drop in or give me a call and I will be glad to answer them.

On the chance that you may already be looking ahead to your next vehicle, I would like to offer my services. It would be my pleasure to serve you again.

Alrighty. I still don't know what the hell they are talking about. Now there's a period at the end of the first line as if that statement has some sort of finality.

Then my birthday arrived. I received an email full of balloons and colorful framing. Here it is, word for word:

Dear Christina,

Happy Birthday from your friends here at Advantage Toyota.

We want you to know how much we value your business and appreciate your patronage.

We hope you are enjoying your 2009 Scion.

As always, if there is anything we can do, please contact us.

I hope you have an excellent birthday!


Basically, the least on my Yaris is over with and I should instead enjoy a Scion from 2009 that I don't even own. Way to be, Toyota. Way. To. Be.

No comments: