It was an ordinary day. I got into my car in the driveway to run some errands. I closed the door. I clicked the lock button on the door.
Then something out of the ordinary happened. Something inside the door snapped. The button was askew. I pushed the unlock and then the lock again. It was all screwy. The lock buttons were broken.
(This has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but I figured I'd share).
I leaned over and tried it on the passenger side. That was working. The lock button on the keys was working too. So for almost nine years, the button I used the most lasted. Not a big deal.
But then, a few days later, the passenger side was screwy too. The only way to truly lock and unlock both sides without reaching and making a production was using the key lock button.
Again, not a huge deal. Poor little Saturn. I didn't think much of it. I figured when I had some time, I could take a screwdriver to the door panel, open it up, and see if I could fix it. Not that I know anything about cars, but I do know a bunch about Krazy Glue and a hot glue gun. That stuff can fix mostly anything.