Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sabbaticalling: Weekly Roundup #16

This week was much like other weeks--reading, writing, seeing, doing.

Also, I taught a workshop on Monday that was for children and then was opened up to adults. A grand affirmation that I chose the right career in teaching college and not the younger crowd. I mean, they were nice and all, but I just don't get them. Them meaning kids.

On Tuesday, I participated in a reading in honor of a library trustee at the Bryant Library. The night was filled with poetry and music. Very sweet.

Thursday was all about Connecticut. I drove up with my artist-workshop-friend to participate in Confluencia along with three other features. It was the best reading I've ever done. The other poets and I had a vibe like I've never had with other writers before, and we had just met. Truly a magical experience.

The end of the week up until now has been overtaken by adult-onset-appendicitis. Who gets appendicitis without classic symptoms well past the age of when people usually get appendicitis? My mom. And so, I've been really focusing on that, which is why this is so quick. Sabbatical is a good thing for many reasons. Not having to find people to sub for classes eliminated what would have been a huge added burden.

I'm guessing next week will be similar with the reading and writing but not with the varied events. National Poetry Month has been exhilarating and exhausting, and now I have a bigger reason to stay closer to home.

No comments: